Portico of Governor's House, with Portrait of Governor Pierpont
'Portico of Executive Mansion. During the Rebellion this Mansion was occupied, in their respective terms by the Rebel Governors, Letcher and Smith, and is now the residence of Gov. Pierpont, who may be seen seated on the left of the portico, in company with Messrs. W.W. Weng, Treasurer of Virginia, W.D. Massey, P.M. of Alexandria, Va., and Colonel Hart of the Governor's Staff. Courtesy Mrs. J.C. Pryor'
'Original owned by Miss. Louisa Miller, L. B. 243 Blairsville, Pa.; the property of her father Rev. Noble Garcia Miller, D. D. at Allegheny College, 1861; died in Blairsville in 1918. Miss Miller believes this picture was taken in 1861.'
Francis Pierpont and His Twins, Francis William and Mary Augusta Pierpont of Fairmont, Virginia (West Virginia)
Francis Pierpont and his wife, Julia were parents of four children including twins born September 13, 1860. Their daughter, Mary died in 1864 while her father was the Governor of the Restored Government of Virginia.