Search Constraints

You searched for: Acquisition Source Centennial Church History Project. County Chairman Remove constraint Acquisition Source: Centennial Church History Project. County Chairman Topical Subjects Counties--Kanawha. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Counties--Kanawha.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

The church was organized in 1860. The first building was called Coalsmouth Baptist Church because St. Albans was onced named Coalsmouth.  The current building was built in 1938-1939.
The church was first organized in 1862.  The current church was built in 1897.
The church was first organized in 1837. The present church was consecrated in 1901.
The church was organized in December of 1819.  The caption on the back of the image reads: "1819 - During the early years the congregation met in a log cabin built by Henry Ruffner's father called 'Col. Ruffers' Meeting House.'  Col. David Ruffner built this house of worship in 1840 and Mrs. John Q. Dickinson added the educational building on about 100 years later, during the 10 years that Rev. J.E. Wayland served, which was from 1930-1940."According to the church history, Booker T. Washington learned the Shorter Catechism from Rev. John C. Brown at this church and worshiped here before going to Hampton Institute in Virginia.
The church was organized in 1863. According to the church's history, it was formed after President Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation and Booker T. Washington was a member of this church.  It supported many other Baptist churches in West Virginia.
The church was organized in 1847.  According to the church history, during the civil war the building was used as a stable.
The church was organized in 1847.  According to the church history, during the civil war the building was used as a stable.