Search Constraints

You searched for: Acquisition Source Cook, Roy Bird Remove constraint Acquisition Source: Cook, Roy Bird Topical Subjects Courthouses--West Virginia--Lewisburg. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Courthouses--West Virginia--Lewisburg.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

'Greenbrier Courthouse of 1840-1938 as it appeared in 1889.'
'The Old Stone Courthouse of 1800-1837.  Supplanted by the present brick Courthouse erected in 1837, but burned with other buildings of Lewisburg in 18?? as the D. J. Ford & Son's store.'
'Greenbrier's Original Courthouse, built of logs in 1778.  Was used by the Circuit and County Courts until supplanted by the Stone Courthouse in 1800.  Was then bought and transformed by William Smithers as a residence.  Was then purchased by Mr. Sallie Gilmer.  It's last owner was Mrs. Sallie Gilmer who occupied it for several years, and it finally passed into the hands of the Tuckkwiller Bros. to be torn away and the ground occupied by a handsome and commodious home for a Henry Ford Garage and Service Station.  Such is the history of the first house ever built in Lewisburg, the birthday of which is not definitely known.'
'Built in 1837.'
'Greenbrier County's Second Courthouse erected in 1820. Was D. J. Ford and Son's Store from 1837 until the great fire.'