John Brown's Fort on Storer College Campus, Harpers Ferry, W. Va.
Photograph of the fort's exterior. It was built in 1848 as a guard and fire engine house for the federal Harpers Ferry Armory in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, then a part of Virginia. Storer College was a historically black college. The fort was on the campus of Storer College from 1909 to 1968.