Search Constraints

You searched for: Acquisition Source Gravely Studios Remove constraint Acquisition Source: Gravely Studios
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

View includes the College campus, the Potomac River and Shepherdstown in Jefferson County, West Virginia.
View of the building from the runway.
Photograph of the fort's exterior. It was built in 1848 as a guard and fire engine house for the federal Harpers Ferry Armory in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, then a part of Virginia. Storer College was a historically black college. The fort was on the campus of Storer College from 1909 to 1968.
The church was constructed in 1914 at the intersection of Birch Street and Bigley Avenue. The building was torn down from 2012-2013 and replaced by a Family Dollar store.
Envelope containing film negative reads, "Triple State Electric Company; Bartlett's Undertaking Est."
Conlon Bakery, home of Butter-Krust Bread, is an example of Art Deco design and was, at one point, the "world's most modern bakery."
A nurse checks on a patient. The photograph shows two patients in bed.
An unidentified man leans against the vehicle with his arm rested in the open window. The name on the envelope that this photograph's negative is contained in is labeled "Muriel Lanham."
Man identified as C. E. Wiseman poses with one pant leg pulled up, exposing his prosthetic leg.
Four women pose outside of a house. Two of the are in bathing suits. Subjects unidentified.
"The Weston State Hospital, also known as the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, was constructed in the late 1800s and designated a National Historic Landmark in 1990. It is the largest hand-cut stone masonry building in North America, and is purportedly the second largest in the world, next to the Kremlin. The original hospital, designed to house 250 souls, was open to patients in 1864 and reached its peak in the 1950s with 2,400 patients in overcrowded and generally poor conditions. Changes in the treatment of mental illness and the physical deterioration of the facility forced its closure in 1994 inflicting a devastating effect on the local economy, from which it has yet to recover. Today, the hospital is open to historical tours and ghost tours."
Three men work prepare cans of Elk Motor Oil. The man on the left puts cans onto a conveyor belt, while the man in the middle holds a can under a machines, perhaps to be sealed, and the man on the right begins to package the cans in a box.