Search Constraints

You searched for: Corporate Names Bailey House (Weston, W. Va.) Remove constraint Corporate Names: Bailey House (Weston, W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

'3rd floor back not in original building.  1st Baily house around street. Cained Corner'
Men stand outside Bailey House.
'Old Weston - Left - Bailey House - Baily House Barber Shop - bill board - Allen Simpson property now torn down 'in this building Er Ralston opened 1856' and next the Fisher property - later Weston Independent.'
'Bailey House, 'Travelers Home', Mrs. L. S. Tunstill Proprietress. One block from depot.  In center of city.  Free sample rooms.  $1.50 per day to everybody.  Mrs. L. S. Tunstill, Proprietress.'
A view of the Bailey House building in Weston.
A horse-drawn carriage stops at West 2nd Street alongside the Bailey House.
View of the old Bailey House, located on the corner of Main and Second Streets.  'The sign 'Bailey and Tunstil' on the store was Major Bailey and his son-in-law. In the group was David Bare, father; J. H. Bare, druggist; Andrew Edmiston, known as Sr., a long prominent lawyer; and John S. Camden, later of Parkersburg. Here Thomas Jackson, J. A. J. Lightburn, Johnson N. Camden, and G. J. Butcher took examination for West Point. Butcher won, stayed a week, then came home. Jackson went as a second choice.'
'Major Minter Bailey, surveyor of Lewis County, and owner of the Bailey House, (left) and Colonel John Stringer, (right).  Copy of a sketch from life by J. H. Diss Debar, 1847, made in "old" Bailey Hotel, Weston.  From original in Department Archives and History.'
The town of Weston is in Lewis County.