Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Berkeley Springs (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Berkeley Springs (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

The congregation of this church, which was officially established in 1852, stems from one of the earliest Christian movements in the rural parts of Morgan County when Methodist minister George Wells traveled to teach in several different homes.This building is located off of West Virginia Route 9 at Spohrs Cross Roads.
The organization was established in 1786 and is the oldest continuous congregation in Morgan County.
The organization was established in 1852 and was originally called Friendship Methodist Church. The building is located just off of Route 9 at Ridersville.
A group of church goers are gathered outside of the church, which was established in the Rock Gap District in 1797. The chapel had a greater influence on rural religion and in the spread of the German Evangelical movement than any other in Morgan County, W. Va. For years, the German preachers of the United Brethren shared the chapel with English Methodist preachers, often conducting services in both the English and German languages.
The photo of the church was printed on the front page of the morning worship service pamphlet, where on the back serves as an itinerary and hymnal guide.The church was established prior to August of 1855. By the 1960's, it held the largest congregation in all of Berkeley Springs.
The church was established prior to August of 1855. By the 1960's, it held the largest congregation in all of Berkeley Springs.
The Roman Catholic church was established on July 21, 1789.
Kids in front row hold up apples.