Claimed to weight 16,500 pounds, this cannon is an ancient piece of artillery donated by former Congressman Littlepage. The cannon was used during the Civil War in the southern states and was brought to Hinton from the state of Florida.
A group of unidentified men pose beside the newly acquired Civil War cannon. This ancient piece of artillery is claimed to weight 16,500 pounds and was used by the southern states. The cannon was transported from the state of Florida, specifically. Former Congressman Littlepage donated the item to the city.
Hinton High School Football Team Playing in Courthouse Square, Hinton, W. Va.
Pictured on the site where the Hinton Post Office building erected ca. 1925, on the corner of 2nd Avenue and Ballengee Street, the boys play a pick-up game as people observe from the sidewalk.Pictured from left to right: Cecil Hall; Oscar Quesenberry; Frank Pierce; Bill Gardner; Fred Brown; "Fatty" Gregg; Jim Russell; (Quarterback) John Parry; (Right Half) Morris Templeton; (Fullback) Dick Noel; and (Left Half) "Flip" Johnson.The three boys standing behind the positioned team are John Cobb; Ernest Graham; and Worth Wray.Bowling's Hardware store pictured in the background on the corner.