'Harrison County, Formed, 1784, from Monongalia. It included all or parts of 17 other counties. Named for Benjamin Harrison, signer of Declaration of Independence and the governor of Virginia, 1781-84. Birthplace of Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.'
Lost Creek Seventh Day Baptist, Lost Creek, Harrison County, W. Va.
The church was organized in 1805. The first meeting house was a log cabin which was later replaced as the church grew. The current building was built in 1871 and then rebuilt after a fire in the 1880s. The church contributed to the founding of Salem College in 1888.
Mount Olive E. U. B. Church, Harrison County, W. Va.
The Evangelical United Brethren church was organized in 1854.The caption written on the back of the image reads:"First row of adults, left to right: A.J. Summers, retired M.E. Minister; Rev. Donald Lockhart - the pastor in 1955; Dr. J.L. Miles E.U.B. Conference Superintendent in 1955.Just behind and to the left are two former pastors of our church, left to right: Paul Brake, Rev. E.A. Crites of Bridgeport, W. Va."