Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Hinton (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Hinton (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

In the front row, from left to right, is Terrence Moorefield, Fred Brown, and Boyd Brown.In the second row, from left to right, is Christian Hetzel, George Griffith, Clemmer Peck, Mrs. Carrie B. Mahon (teacher), Reese Capeller, and Stanely Butler.In the back row, from left to right, is William Moorefield, Cecil Hinton, Julian Fredeking, Roy Mann, Oswald Blackwilder, Leo Ross, and Fred Flanagan.
Hinton's first brick school.
Group photo of the band members and instructor in the earlier part of the 20th century. Subjects unidentified.
Pictured is Earl Meador, Ray Meador, Clarence Knight, U. G. Ryall, O. J. Bowlry, Ollie Hoover, Mann, Ray, Henry Ryalls, Emmett Pack, and Charlie Bishop.
'Mouth of Greenbrier River and upper portion of Hinton, West Virginia.  Looking southeast toward sun.'
'Hinton, West Virginia, looking south at mile 62.'
'Hinton, West Virginia, looking south southwest.'
'Looking south at mile 57.8 about 3 miles below Hinton, Barksdale in distance.'
Post card print
Photo taken north from Foss Bridge near Bellepoint. The cabin served as a telegraph office.
View of the building from across the street. Located on Block C #1.
Employees John Smith and Buster Waulaga unloading boxes off of a cart. Company building located on Block C #1.
Employees (from left to right) Jim Bob Christian, Wes Surber, Mr. Christian, Ab Wiseman, unidentified, C.O. McGhee, unidentified, and Emmitt McLaughlin.
Tracks running through the station along the Chesapeake & Ohio  (C & O) Railroad. Town seen in the background.
Looking at the building from across the street. Silo Ice truck pictured on the right. Located on Block C #7.
Located on Block C #7, the depot was built ca. 1905.
House built in ca. 1875 by the C&O Railroad Company to house laborers working on the roundhouse. Located on Block C #11.
Exterior of the house located on Block D #12. The columns were brought by horse and buggy from Princeton, W. Va.
Railroad cars cover the tracks. New River seen in the background.
A train car sits on the railroad track.
Loomis at work in his shop located on Front Street. Loomis carved most of the stones that grace the graves of pioneer railroaders that settled in Hinton in its infancy. Loomis died in 1936.
Loomis sits in the doorway of his shop located on Front Street.
Loomis watches as two cats walk through the yard.
Loomis pictured in overalls standing next to wooden crates.
Looking at the old inn from across the hill.
Starret, left, and Ewing, right, pose in a pretend "face-off" with their pistols. Starret starred in western films while Ewing ran the Ritze Theatre. The two men in the background are unidentified.
Starret, posing on the right, points a gun at an unidentified newspaper employee. Starret played many roles in old western movies.
From left to right: Harrison Gwinn (President), J. H. Jordan (Cashier), C. B. Mahon (Vice President), N. Read, Harvey Ewart, Judge Miller, Mr. Drumheller, and Mr. Brightwell.
Looking at the building located on Temple St. Three unidentified children are pictured loitering by the entrance.
Unidentified people walk along the pedestrian path on the bridge. Old Toll House is pictured in the background on the left.
View from Summers Street. People line the sidewalks while a horse-drawn carriage makes its way across the road. Subjects unidentified.
Four unidentified men pose by the building's entrance. The store windows advertise "American Field and Hog Fencing: For Sale Here" and "The Two Johns". This is became the location of Danny Foster's in 1986.
Picture of one of Hinton's early drug stores. It was located next to the First National Bank on 3rd Ave. Wade H. Gwinn, one of the store's operators, is the gentleman leaning against the post on the left. This three-story brick building housed apartments on the upper floors.
The building, located on the corner of Temple Street and 3rd Avenue, is decorated in American flags.
An unidentified man crosses the street. Rose's Drugstore pictured on the left.
Looking at the corner of 3rd Ave. and Temple St. Subject unidentified.
A truck passes by the line of parked cars. First National Bank building pictured on the right.
Four unidentified men pose by the entrance. The bank is located on the corner of 3rd Ave. and Temple St.
Crowds gather along the street to watch what appears to be a parade. Pictured in the background is First National Bank, H. H. Woolworth Co., G. C. Murphy Co., Willey Hardware, Westinghouse Appliances, and A. W. Cox Department Store.
Hinton's oldest store doing business under the same trade name. Noted as one of West Virginia's finest men's stores. In 1952, the HUB Clothing Co. opened its doors for business in a room on 3rd Avenue.
Interior of the store located on Temple St. A crowd of people shuffle through the store and examine the products for sale. Subjects unidentified.
Interior of the store located on Temple St. A crowd looks through the store to examine products for sale. Subjects unidentified.
Gentleman third from the left is identified as "Punchy" Neely. The rest are unidentified. Interior of the store located on Temple Street.
Employees pose inside the store located on Temple Street. Subject unidentified.
Building located on Temple Street and between 2nd and 3rd Avenues.
Looking at the building from the dirt road. Later in 1907, bricks were laid on the street.
Cars are parked along the street in front of store buildings. Hinton Floral Shop and The Chesapeake and Potomac Telephone Company are pictured.
People walk past the building located on 2nd Avenue. Subjects unidentified.
Employees pose for a group picture beside the building located on 2nd Avenue. Subjects unidentified.
Street view of the government building.