Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Main Street (Grafton, W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Main Street (Grafton, W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

The church was originally established as the Fetterman Methodist Episcopal Church in 1873 and is the "Mother of Methodism" in the area.
Flags decorate Main Street in Grafton, W. Va.
A view of Main Street in Grafton, West Virginia. Two cars are parked near a restaurant.
J. C. Penney Co., is located between Friedman's and Beagle Dentist, on Main Street, in Grafton, West Virginia.
View of the shops on Main Street in Grafton, W. Va.
YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) sign on the left side, behind a man wearing large hat. All persons in the photograph are unidentified.
The back of a horse drawn wagon is seen moving down the dirt paved Main Street.
This church known as the "Mother Church of Mother's Day" and is where the Mother's Day holiday began when Mrs. Ann Reeves Jarvis began an effort to reunite family ties that had been broken during the Civil War. The day of reunification, first called "Mother's Friendship Day", was an organized event in which mother's of the community were brought together. Union and Confederate soldiers and their family members also participated, shaking each other's hands and rekindling friendship.Today, the holiday has grown to be internationally celebrated and recognized. This church currently holds an International Mother's Day shrine.
View of Main Street, Grafton, W. Va.
A view of Main Street in Grafton, West Virginia.
Central Lunch, The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co. Grocer, and other buildings on Main Street, Grafton, W. Va.
A Candy Shop is located in the Cohen Building on Main Street in Grafton, West Virginia.