Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Morgantown (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Morgantown (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

A view of Morgantown taken from western side of the Monongahela river looking northeast.
Doc, the dog poised on the fire truck, was the firehouse dog of the Morgantown Fire Department.
The car, which reads "Fire Chief," is parked in front of the Morgantown Fire Department building on Spruce Street.  Doc, the fire department mascot, is in the backseat of the car.
Members of the Morgantown Fire Department, from left to right: "Chief John Hare, John Rich, Mearle Devaughn, Homer Zearley, William Sherman, Rolla Dutton, Plummer Pride, Harry Feck, Dorsey Stalnaker and Friend Barrett. The dog is "Doc," the mascot."Photo appeared in the Morgantown Post on February 23, 1927.
Facing Northeast.  At the bottom left if Stewart Street and the brighter street is Falling Run.  It runs vertical into Stewartstown Road.  Near the top is the WVU Animal Husbandry Farm.  About three inches in from the right top is the Mileground.  The large fields to the left are part of the WVU farms.  To their left is the WVU Horticulture Farm orchards.  About and inch and a half from the bottom right is the intersections of Willey Street, Snider Street, and Monongalia Avenue at Town Hill.
Facing Northeast.  At the bottom left if Stewart Street and the brighter street is Falling Run.  It runs vertical into Stewartstown Road.  Near the top is the WVU Animal Husbandry Farm.  About three inches in from the right top is the Mileground.  The large fields to the left are part of the WVU farms.  To their left is the WVU Horticulture Farm orchards.  About and inch and a half from the bottom right is the intersections of Willey Street, Snider Street, and Monongalia Avenue at Town Hill.
The Field House, now known as Stansbury Hall, was completed in 1928.
The mast is erected at Memorial Plaza, which is located directly in front of Oglebay Hall.