Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Morgantown (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Morgantown (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Members of the Morgantown Fire Department, from left to right: "Chief John Hare, John Rich, Mearle Devaughn, Homer Zearley, William Sherman, Rolla Dutton, Plummer Pride, Harry Feck, Dorsey Stalnaker and Friend Barrett. The dog is "Doc," the mascot."Photo appeared in the Morgantown Post on February 23, 1927.
Women standing together holding books and paper. Second from right is Hilda Dailey.
Mrs. Hartley (left) is pinning a medal (likely an Eagle Scout award) on her son.  Robert Hartley and Rev. LeJeune Lewis (far right) watch.
Mrs. Garlow pins an Eagle Scout award onto son David's sash while his father John looks on.
A view from the west of Morgantown, West Virginia.
People can be seen crossing the bridge which spans the Monongahela River leading into Morgantown, W. Va.
An aerial view of Evensdale area of Morgantown. Showing University Avenue, Medical Center Drive, Oakland Street, Harding Avenue, and Birch Street. Monongalia General Hospital is on the upper left and Evansdale grade school is lower center.
A picture postcard of a view of Morgantown, West Virginia from Westover.
A view of Morgantown taken from the Westover side of the river looking Northeast.
A view of Morgantown taken from western side of the Monongahela river looking northeast.
Doc, the dog poised on the fire truck, was the firehouse dog of the Morgantown Fire Department.
The car, which reads "Fire Chief," is parked in front of the Morgantown Fire Department building on Spruce Street.  Doc, the fire department mascot, is in the backseat of the car.
Members of the Morgantown Fire Department, from left to right: "Chief John Hare, John Rich, Mearle Devaughn, Homer Zearley, William Sherman, Rolla Dutton, Plummer Pride, Harry Feck, Dorsey Stalnaker and Friend Barrett. The dog is "Doc," the mascot."Photo appeared in the Morgantown Post on February 23, 1927.
Facing Northeast.  At the bottom left if Stewart Street and the brighter street is Falling Run.  It runs vertical into Stewartstown Road.  Near the top is the WVU Animal Husbandry Farm.  About three inches in from the right top is the Mileground.  The large fields to the left are part of the WVU farms.  To their left is the WVU Horticulture Farm orchards.  About and inch and a half from the bottom right is the intersections of Willey Street, Snider Street, and Monongalia Avenue at Town Hill.
Facing Northeast.  At the bottom left if Stewart Street and the brighter street is Falling Run.  It runs vertical into Stewartstown Road.  Near the top is the WVU Animal Husbandry Farm.  About three inches in from the right top is the Mileground.  The large fields to the left are part of the WVU farms.  To their left is the WVU Horticulture Farm orchards.  About and inch and a half from the bottom right is the intersections of Willey Street, Snider Street, and Monongalia Avenue at Town Hill.
The Field House, now known as Stansbury Hall, was completed in 1928.
The mast is erected at Memorial Plaza, which is located directly in front of Oglebay Hall.
The mast arrived on campus in 1961 and dedicated in 1963.
A group of women, men, and children, who are likely members of a 4-H group. The group is in front of the library, which is now Stewart Hall.
'West Virginia University and Morgantown (1891-1892) as taken from a point some distance north of the U. The Catalogue for one of those subsequent years states that Science Hall was finished in 1893, but no sign of it is to be seen in this picture, but the roof was on Commencement Hall, and the Court House was built (1892), which fixes the date about as given above.' 'View of Morgantown & Sunnyside taken from North Morgantown Hill. Note the orchard along Overhill St. also showing the house owned by the Whites nearby.'
Woodburn Circle is pictured in the background. The mast is erected in Memorial Plaza, which is located directly in front of Oglebay Hall.
Written on the back of photograph: 'Town and Campus in 1895 and 1945; two communities and one city looking forward to another two hundred years.'
View of WVU from Observatory Hill.
'Notice both old and new Mountaineer fields are in this photograph.'
Includes West Virginia University campus, and Mountaineer Field (on left).
An aerial view of downtown campus during WVU vs Pitt football game.
Military officers listen as Joseph Gluck speaks at dedication of the bell from the 'West Virginia' outside Oglebay Hall. In the background is Woodburn Hall.
"Mast of the battleship 'West Virginia', 1923-46.  A tribute to her gallant crew and to all West Virginians who have served our country in the armed forces, May 11, 1963."
A group of young boys climb onto the mast before the dedication ceremony.
A view of Memorial Plaza after the completion of the memorial. Woodburn Circle is pictured in background.
A wreath is placed by the mast of the U.S.S. West Virginia in Memorial Plaza. Martin hall is pictured in the background on the right. Elizabeth Moore Hall can be seen in the background on the left.
A man places a wreath beside the mast of the U.S.S. West Virginia.
The mast lays in a field before it is erected at West Virginia University's Memorial Plaza, which is located directly in front of Oglebay Hall.
A group of men and women are gathered on the plaza during the dedication celebration.
Lugar and Harlow stand behind a podium as they address the crowd at the dedication ceremony.
The bell from the armored cruiser and battleship U.S.S. West Virginia, which was dedicated in a ceremony.
'Rev. Joe Gluck speaks at Dec. 7, 1967 dedication ceremonies for the bell from the armored cruiser 'U.S.S. West Virginia.'  Two other main speakers are shown seated in the first row: WVU President James B. Harlow (second from left) and Naval Reserve Captain Marlyn E. Lugar (third from left).
'Dec. 7, 1967 ceremony dedicating the mast of armored cruiser 'U.S.S. West Virginia.'
WVU President James G. Harlow speaks at dedication ceremony of the bell from the armored cruiser and battleship U.S.S. West Virginia. Oglebay Hall is pictured in the background.
West Virginia University President James G. Harlow (left) and Naval Reserve Captain Marlyn E. Lugar are shown at dedication ceremonies for the bell from the armored cruiser and battleship U.S.S. West Virginia. In the background is Woodburn Hall and Chitwood Hall.
With assistance from members of Alpha Phi Omega, a service fraternity, Joe Gluck helps unpack the bell of battle cruiser West Virginia:  Doug Ritchey (left); John Liston (right); Dan Blosser (third from left).
Three unidentified students observe the U.S.S. West Virginia mast.
'Many boats docked along the Monongahela were crushed by heavy ice flows during the Winter of 1917 - 1918. This view shows the conditions that existed near the Walnut Street Wharf.'
Note wrecked boats along the shore.
Morgantown and suspension bridge from Westover.
A view of the Old Suspension Bridge: pedestrians and a buggy going by.
A view of Morgantown and Glass Factories by the Monongahela River.
'Leaving Morgantown, Home of West Virginia University. Founded in 1867, Erected by Student Council 1946-47'
This photo was taken from Sunnyside.