Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Morgantown (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Morgantown (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

University Toyota's "Mountaineer Balloons Festival"  involved around 40 hot air balloons traveling around Morgantown, often flying above the University campus as seen here.The Festival lasted for until at least 2007, then was put on hiatus due to the loss of festival grounds. It returned in 2015 as "Balloons Over Morgantown," a simpler version of the event.
Looking up at the university building from the street below.
View of the field which is now where the MountainLair is located. In the background is the Armory and to the right of that is Mechanical Hall, which burned down in 1956. To the right is Commencement Hall, with grandstand attached to the back. To the left and up the hill is Stalnakar Hall.
Looking at the vine-covered university building from across the lawn.
Portrait of the WVU Cadet Band at WVU
View from hill where Brooks, Armstrong, and Physics (WVU Buildings) are now, toward the River Bridge (after 1907).
An airplane at the hanger of the Morgantown Airport, Morgantown, W. Va.
West, left, and Akers, right, pose with Ann Dinardi. West had lived in Dinardi's Beechurst Avenue home during his college basketball days at West Virginia University.
Mt. Union Methodist is located on Pt. Marion Road in Morgantown.  It began in 1881 and moved to a new location in 1909.  In 1950 the church was damaged by fire and repairs were finished in 1952.
Miller was the daughter of Henry E. and "Maggie" Margarite E. Miller. Her siblings were E. Paul Miller, Harold H. Miller, and Marie Miller Davis. The family was from the towns of Kingwood and Tunnelton, W. Va.--both located in Preston County, W. Va. Miller was born in 1908 and attended West Virginia University, where she joined a sorority, identified in the photo as Gamma Phi Beta.
Portrait of Mountaineer halfback Andrew V. 'Rip' King ('19) in his football gear.
Photo postcard belonging to L. L. & G. W. Jamison Cattle Dealers in Morgantown, W. Va.
Decorations resembling a Christmas tree sit in the courtyard.
High Street is decorated with Christmas lights and other decorations.
A group of men and women are gathered on the plaza during the dedication celebration.
The mast lays in a field before it is erected at West Virginia University's Memorial Plaza, which is located directly in front of Oglebay Hall.
"Mast of the battleship 'West Virginia', 1923-46.  A tribute to her gallant crew and to all West Virginians who have served our country in the armed forces, May 11, 1963."
Dr. Weisser, left, sits at a desk with his former instructor.
A mother and her child are greeted by a secretary at the WVU Medical Center.