Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Morgantown (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Morgantown (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

Members of the Morgantown Fire Department, from left to right: "Chief John Hare, John Rich, Mearle Devaughn, Homer Zearley, William Sherman, Rolla Dutton, Plummer Pride, Harry Feck, Dorsey Stalnaker and Friend Barrett. The dog is "Doc," the mascot."Photo appeared in the Morgantown Post on February 23, 1927.
Women standing together holding books and paper. Second from right is Hilda Dailey.
Mrs. Hartley (left) is pinning a medal (likely an Eagle Scout award) on her son.  Robert Hartley and Rev. LeJeune Lewis (far right) watch.
Mrs. Garlow pins an Eagle Scout award onto son David's sash while his father John looks on.
A view from the west of Morgantown, West Virginia.
People can be seen crossing the bridge which spans the Monongahela River leading into Morgantown, W. Va.
An aerial view of Evensdale area of Morgantown. Showing University Avenue, Medical Center Drive, Oakland Street, Harding Avenue, and Birch Street. Monongalia General Hospital is on the upper left and Evansdale grade school is lower center.
A picture postcard of a view of Morgantown, West Virginia from Westover.
A view of Morgantown taken from the Westover side of the river looking Northeast.
A view of Morgantown taken from western side of the Monongahela river looking northeast.
Doc, the dog poised on the fire truck, was the firehouse dog of the Morgantown Fire Department.
The car, which reads "Fire Chief," is parked in front of the Morgantown Fire Department building on Spruce Street.  Doc, the fire department mascot, is in the backseat of the car.
Members of the Morgantown Fire Department, from left to right: "Chief John Hare, John Rich, Mearle Devaughn, Homer Zearley, William Sherman, Rolla Dutton, Plummer Pride, Harry Feck, Dorsey Stalnaker and Friend Barrett. The dog is "Doc," the mascot."Photo appeared in the Morgantown Post on February 23, 1927.
Facing Northeast.  At the bottom left if Stewart Street and the brighter street is Falling Run.  It runs vertical into Stewartstown Road.  Near the top is the WVU Animal Husbandry Farm.  About three inches in from the right top is the Mileground.  The large fields to the left are part of the WVU farms.  To their left is the WVU Horticulture Farm orchards.  About and inch and a half from the bottom right is the intersections of Willey Street, Snider Street, and Monongalia Avenue at Town Hill.
Facing Northeast.  At the bottom left if Stewart Street and the brighter street is Falling Run.  It runs vertical into Stewartstown Road.  Near the top is the WVU Animal Husbandry Farm.  About three inches in from the right top is the Mileground.  The large fields to the left are part of the WVU farms.  To their left is the WVU Horticulture Farm orchards.  About and inch and a half from the bottom right is the intersections of Willey Street, Snider Street, and Monongalia Avenue at Town Hill.
The Field House, now known as Stansbury Hall, was completed in 1928.
The mast is erected at Memorial Plaza, which is located directly in front of Oglebay Hall.
The mast arrived on campus in 1961 and dedicated in 1963.
A group of women, men, and children, who are likely members of a 4-H group. The group is in front of the library, which is now Stewart Hall.
'West Virginia University and Morgantown (1891-1892) as taken from a point some distance north of the U. The Catalogue for one of those subsequent years states that Science Hall was finished in 1893, but no sign of it is to be seen in this picture, but the roof was on Commencement Hall, and the Court House was built (1892), which fixes the date about as given above.' 'View of Morgantown & Sunnyside taken from North Morgantown Hill. Note the orchard along Overhill St. also showing the house owned by the Whites nearby.'
Woodburn Circle is pictured in the background. The mast is erected in Memorial Plaza, which is located directly in front of Oglebay Hall.
Written on the back of photograph: 'Town and Campus in 1895 and 1945; two communities and one city looking forward to another two hundred years.'
View of WVU from Observatory Hill.