A view of Morgantown, West Virginia in 1895. West Virginia University and several houses can be seen near the Monongahela River; original Monongalia County Historical Society through Mrs. Mabel Stoyer.
'View of Morgantown taken from the west side, showing old brick house on the west side, Business district at the Wharf. Shows the old firehouse at the Decker's Creek end of Walnut Street, and the old Academy tower on the left. Note the smoke at the mill at the end of Wharf Street.'
'View of Morgantown from the west side; Walnut Street Wharf; Old Firehouse in the upper end of Walnut Street, from the picture of the Wool Market was most likely made; Tower of Monongalia Academy at the left of the Firehouse. The negative for this picture was made by John L. Johnston, probably in 1892 or soon after. This twenty percent enlargement was made by F.A. Molby from the old negative (1939).'