Search Constraints

You searched for: Geographic Names Petersburg (W. Va.) Remove constraint Geographic Names: Petersburg (W. Va.)
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

The town of Petersburg is in Grant County.
'Looking North'
The Evangelical United Brethren church was organized in 1829
The church was organized around 1775
The church was founded in 1837.
Welcome sign advertising the "Famous Smoke Hole Caverns" in Petersburg, West Virginia.  Petersburg tannery building in background.
Text on the back reads, "Fox and Ox Camp. Good fishing - swimming - home cooking. On U. S. 220, 2 miles north of Petersburg, W. Va."
Rock formations on this cliff face resemble a fox and an ox, thus giving the camp its name.
Text reads, "Mountain Slide, approx. 2 1/2 mi. Torrential rains on June 17 1949 brought tons of earth and rock from mountain side blocking routes 4 and 28. Petersburg, W. Va."
Text reads, "Scene on Route 42 between Maysville and Petersburg, W. Va. Lunice Creek Bridge, Petersburg,  Flood June 17 1949."
Text reads, "Scene of wreckage after Petersburg, W. Va. flood June 17 1949. Scene back of Tanners, Petersburg, W. Va."
Text reads, "Wreckage of auto owned by N. Y. couple. Car and $3000 of wedding presents were complete loss and owners were stranded on the roof of the Ours home for 15 hours in the Flood June 17 1949. Flash flood, Petersburg, W. Va."
Text reads, "Scene showing wreckage at south end of Petersburg, W. Va. Flood of June 17 1949. Waters rising for the second time."
Text reads, "Scene of south end of Petersburg, W. Va. as raging waters carry away slaughterhouse in foreground. Photo by Addison. Flood of June 17 1949."
Text reads, "Flood scene, Petersburg, W. Va. June 17, 1949. Photo shows Ours home resting on Rt. 4 and 28. Travellers from N. Y. were stranded on this roof for 15 hours."
Text reads, "Highway washout on Rts. 4 and 28, W. Va. Flood June 17 2019. Approx. 1000 ft. of highway is washed completely away."
The Hermitage Hotel was located on Route 220 in Petersburg, W. Va.
The Riverside Tannery was damaged by fire on January 24, 1906.
This view of Petersburg's Main Street features the Alpine Theater, which is no longer open, and a sign advertising Amoco American Gas.
The Civil War fort, Fort Mulligan, sits on top a hill and looks over the South Branch Potomac River.
The saw mill was built in 1805.
Today this line is owned by the West Virginia State Rail Authority, which runs a tourist train,  the Potomac Eagles Scenic Railroad, on the line.
Text on back reads, "Ty's Motel, Route 4 and 28, 2 miles west of Petersburg. Forest Alkire, owner. Overlooking scenic valley."
Text on back reads, "Ty's Motel, Route 4 and 28, 2 miles west of Petersburg. Forest Alkire, owner. Overlooking scenic valley."
Text on the back reads, "The Hermitage Hotel, Route 220, Petersburg, W. Va. In the beautiful South Branch Valley."
Text on back reads, "Park Tourist Home - on Routes 4-28-42 and U. S. 220. Modern rooms, hot water heat, reasonable rates and free garage. Member 'Mountain States' tourist homes. Also cabins."
A view of the North Fork South Branch Potomac River at the spot Seneca Creek empties into it at the base of Seneca Rocks. In the foreground a man sits in a canoe.
Text on the back reads, "Scenes at White Water Weekend, Petersburg, W. Va. The South Branch of the Potomac offers exciting white water for canoeist and kayakist. Taking one of the rapids in 14 mile course of the race."
Eagle Rocks is located 1/4 mile from Petersburg, W. Va., on Route 28.