Search Constraints

You searched for: Topical Subjects Counties--Monroe. Remove constraint Topical Subjects: Counties--Monroe.
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

The church was founded sometime before 1782 as a Presbyterian church, but the exact date is unsure because first records have been lost. The building is located off of Route 219, also known as the Seneca Trail, and is one mile north of Pickaway.
The church was first established as Mt. Peniel Church in 1831 before changing its name to Johnson's Meeting House and then again to Johnson's Crossroads. The church was torn down sometime in the late 1930's or early 1940's.
Phillip Shumate's children, of which one is Mary E. Shumate, are pictured balancing on the side of an old-fashioned automobile.
Shumate pictured wearing a dress outside of her old home.
A line of cars are parked along the road while people gather to inspect the new bridge.
People gather to observe the newly constructed bridge.
An unidentified church sits next to a farm field.
A crowd scatters across the newly constructed bridge.
The C. & O. Railway Company test-runs its experimental engine, part of its "500 series".
View from below, looking at the mill built in 1957 on the site of the original mill built between 1770 and 1794.
Emil Hudel, Editor of Beckley Post Herald; John Faulconer, Editor of Hinton Daily News, and Jim Comstock, Editor of The West Virginia Hillbilly examining the club's books.