Greenbrier County's First Courthouse, Lewisburg, W. Va.
'Greenbrier's Original Courthouse, built of logs in 1778. Was used by the Circuit and County Courts until supplanted by the Stone Courthouse in 1800. Was then bought and transformed by William Smithers as a residence. Was then purchased by Mr. Sallie Gilmer. It's last owner was Mrs. Sallie Gilmer who occupied it for several years, and it finally passed into the hands of the Tuckkwiller Bros. to be torn away and the ground occupied by a handsome and commodious home for a Henry Ford Garage and Service Station. Such is the history of the first house ever built in Lewisburg, the birthday of which is not definitely known.'